Monday, May 10, 2010

Holy Tired, Batman!

I'm working on a longer post about the body's natural state, but it isn't ready (not sure if I mean my body or the post here....).  I don't expect to finish that blog today as the natural state of my mind presently is similar to tapioca pudding.  My body and brain are TIRED. It was such a beautiful weekend here in Seattle, and I did my best to soak it up.  I went to a yoga class with a new instructor who was so refreshing and just great; I got tomato plants and put them in pots; I planted carrots, beets, beans, kale, Brussels sprouts, and cilantro; I took myself on a 7-mile run (and oh, it was long); volunteered at the Ruby Room; took a day trip to Bainbridge Island; and ate a lot of ice cream.  And woke up totally exhausted to start my Monday!  So while I try to finish this blog on the body's natural state in my body's sluggish state, I figured for the time being, I'd post my yoga minutes!

FYI, I hit the 1/3 mark of my 360 days of yoga this past Wednesday--120 straight days of yoga.  You don't have to be impressed with me, because I'm plenty impressed with myself.  Woot!

April 27: 30 mins
April 28: 90 mins
April 29: 35 mins
April 30: 30 mins
May 1: 40 mins
May 2: 30 mins
May 3: 90 mins
May 4: 30 mins
May 5 (120th day!): 90 mins
May 6: 90 mins
May 7: 35 mins
May 8: 80 mins
May 9: 30 mins

And now, here is a little yoga humor, compliments of the lovely octogenarian and comedienne, Betty White, and the folks at Saturday Night Live.  This skit was cut from the Mother's Day broadcast, but IMO, it is a lot funnier than that Latino dancing talk show skit.   I don't know if Betty White does asana practice or not, but if I can only dream of being so sharp, healthy, funny, and beautiful at 88 years old!  Apologies for Hulu's ads in advance.  Enjoy and Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment