Saturday, February 20, 2010

By the minutes

I haven't thrown in the towel!  But as my minutes show, I am trying to avoid yoga burnout.  And there have been a few days when my enthusiasm for the project has been lagging a bit.  If anyone wants to take a guest to their yoga studio in the near future, please bring me!  I'm in need of a little yoga buddy support.

Perhaps one reason I'm dragging a bit in my yoga is that I've started training to run a half marathon at the end of June.  I'm wearing knee braces every time I run and I do think yoga is helping protect my knees too.  I had three "no-knee-pain" runs this week: 2-1/4 miles, 3 miles, and 4 miles yesterday (This morning, I woke up muscle ache-free and eager to do my morning yoga--very encouraging all around).

I also have been busy building vegetable growing boxes and in the next few days hope to start some seeds.  Beginning a lot of things at once can be tricky.  Luckily, I'm over 45 days deep into my 360 of yoga already.  However, taking on more activity, while often energizing, can also be overwhelming.  Thus, note lots of 30-35 minute practices in the last ~two weeks!  My practice has been full of Suryanamaskar A & B.  That's Sun Salutations, yo
Commando Duke demonstrates Virabhadrasana I and Suryanamaskar B at this fantastically funny website.
 
Before the minutes, a question to you: What keeps you energized and motivated when you have a big, and seemingly endless, project at hand?  Or want to build an exercise or meditation routine?  Or stay on a diet?  What has been helpful to you?  What hasn't been?

Here we go, Days 35-46:
Feb. 9: 45 minutes
Feb. 10: 90 minutes
Feb. 11: 35 minutes
Feb. 12: 35 minutes
Feb. 13: 40 minutes
Feb. 14: 40 minutes
Feb. 15: 90 minutes
Feb. 16: 35 minutes
Feb. 17: 90 minutes
Feb. 18: 30 minutes
Feb. 19: 35 minutes
Feb. 20: 30 minutes
Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment