Monday, January 3, 2011

The Credits


     And, in the end, the love you take/
     Is equal to the love you make.
     -The End by The Beatles (Lennon/McCartney)

Savasana view from my mat at the cabin

Many, many people have supported me over the last 360 days.  Some of them didn’t even know they were helping me, or what the heck they were helping me with, but I’d like to take this moment and give thanks.

Thank you to all my teachers this year, in particular these regular-Jess teachers: Wendy & Meg at OmTown Yoga and Denise at Seattle Yoga Arts. Also, thanks to these other teachers I’ve had the honor to learn from at some point this year: Michael W., Rainey, Mauricio, Rachel, Grace, Michael S., Ki, Irene, Mike D., Marni, and Megan. 
 
Thank you to the yoga studios and health facilities where I’ve been lucky enough to practice yoga during this year: OmTown Yoga, Seattle Yoga Arts, OmCulture Studio, Mieko’s Fitness Lake City, Hatha Yoga Center, Brio Health Spa and Fitness at the Grand Mayan (Riviera Maya), The Samarya Center, and NW Community Yoga.
I did yoga on this pier.

I also want to thank the following people for allowing me the space to practice in their homes, yards, or on their hotel bill(!) this year: Dad and Marianne (by my count, you’ve provided 4 spaces for me to practice yoga this year), Mom and Tim, Grandma, Jeremy and Marni, Jay and Jane, Kevin, Jamie, and Lizzy.  Also, I thank your pets for their patience. And I can’t forget to thank the George W. Bush International Airport in Houston.  Good times.

 My yoga mat view from Jamie's yard in Queens in late November!

Thank you to friends I’ve had the honor of practicing yoga with this year, especially Tia for our awesome jointly-led practice at the lake over my birthday, Tae for our side-by-side lake practice, and Megan for taking me to her teacher’s studio for a class and also teaching me herself at another studio.  

On that same note: Thank you to all my fellow yogis and yoginis in yoga classes, specifically Wendy’s 10 AM Wednesday class and Meg’s 5:30 PM Thursday class at OmTown, and Denise’s 7 PM Monday class at SYA.  

I HAVE to thank the other professionals: Dr. Belcher (my GP), Julie at G2 Sports (my physical therapist), and fantastic LMTs Linda at Hills Resort and Kristin at Dreamclinic

So many people have supported me by being flexible with time to allow me to cram in my yoga, or inquiring about how the yoga is going, or reading and commenting on my blog, or just commenting on and “liking” my Facebook link to the yoga blog.  Those people include: Alisha, Alison, April O., April V., Becca, Ben, Bob, Bronwyn, Carolyn, Cele, Charity, Chris D., Chris W., Christine, Cindy, Cricket, Dad, Dane, Dax, Don, Erica, Erika, Erin, Geoff, Gloria, Hilary, Holly, Ingrid, Jamie, Jane, Jason, Jay, Jeremy, Jillian, Jim, John B., John M., Julia, Julie, Justin, Kate M., Kate O., Katie, Kevin, Kris, Laura, Linda F., Linda R., Liz D., Liz K., Liz, Marci, Marianne, Marni, Matt, Megan, Michel, Mike K., Miyu, Mom, Nedra, Peggy, Quyen, Rachel, Ryan, Sarah, Shannon, Sonda, Tae, Tia, Tim F., Tim O., Tim R., Tim Y., Vicki, Wendy C., and Whitney.

Thank you, and thanks so many more people who have slipped my memory at this second.  I thought about ALL of you during my practice today.  Thank you for your pats on the back, your nudges, your interest, and just being great.  I could NOT have done it without you.



 Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment